Take Ownership Help 2.0

PLEASE contact Sheriff Woody before starting topics in this section

Re: Take Ownership Help 2.0

Postby Tilarta » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:10 pm

About the lightsaber, how does that work?

I assume it was something to do with owning every figure and since I do not, I assumed it is offlimits to me.

rank_250
Tilarta
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Elmo STM » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:29 pm

@tilarta yea you need all 1.0 figures at least level one to unlock statues and the lightsaber

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Rosamouse » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:55 am

OK, so I'm having an odd problem because I had taken my figures up with me to visit my nephews, and forgot to check them all back in on 1.0 before trying to transfer them to 2.0.

In an act of desperation and hastiness, I deleted my 2.0 save and reclaimed ownership of them all on DI 1.0. When I started up a new save, however, all my 1.0 characters were reset back to 1.0.

Would resetting ownership on 2.0 on the new save (because the old one doesn't exist anymore!) allow me to transfer my levels in? If not, how can I completely wipe the character's 2.0 data including my original deleted save?

rank_50
Rosamouse
XBL ID:

Postby edwar368 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:48 pm

Hi,

sorry but I am totally new to both consoles and Infinity and I might be being dumb, but this post doesn't seem to tell me what I want to know. I have just set up my XBox One with Infinity 2.0 and the Marvel playset. I am unsure how to make it so that the accounts that are set up on my XBox One can each play the Marvel play set separately and level up the characters individually in their own way. This is what I have tried so far:
1. I played 1 character in the Toy box introduction, and got to level 1, and chose a skill from the skill tree.
2. I then changed the profile to my wife's one and again fired up the Toybox intro. At this point it asked if I wanted to share ownership and I assumed this meant that I would share levels etc. (which I don't want to do) so I said no and played as "Guest". But the Character was still level 1 and had the skill I had selected on my other profile.
3. Having read this thread, I decided to "Reset the character data", which I did on my wifes profile.
4. As expected, the character dropped to zero and when I restarted the game, I was again asked if I wanted to Share ownership, so this time I said "Yes". When I went into the toy box on my wife's account, the level was zero as expected.
5. However, when I went back to my own profile and started the game again, the character was still zero. I had been expecting it to be level 1.
Could someone tell me what I have done wrong and how I can play so each profile on my box can level the characters separately?
Am I getting the meaning of "Shared Ownership" Backwards?

rank_0
edwar368
XBL ID:

Postby Tilarta » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:27 am

I don't think Shared Ownership works like that.

When a figure is "shared", it will keep it's specified level regardless of what profile it is being played with.

rank_250
Tilarta
PSN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby edwar368 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:29 am

@ Tilarta - OK, so are you saying that what I want is not possible? i.e. For each member in my house to level up a character in their own way?
So If my Son levels up a character and spends points in the skill tree, then every one else that plays is stuck with his choices?

rank_0
edwar368
XBL ID:

Postby digeek1955 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:07 am

@edwar368
The character itself has its skill tree memory not the xbox. So sadly you are stuck with his choices,But there is a thing on the skill tree called a respender that once you get to level ten you can reset the skill tree data on that character. This also occurs at level twenty.
I have a dream. I hope it will come true. -Lava

rank_1250
digeek1955
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Tilarta » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:54 am

Yes, there is no such thing as multiple skill tree setups.
So whatever choices one player makes for the skill tree, you're stuck with.

I have been wondering if you can use multiple copies of the same figure to have different setups, but you'd have to label them in some way to know which was which.
Assuming DI understands that this Iron Man is not the same as that Iron Man, so to speak.

rank_250
Tilarta
PSN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby edwar368 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:55 am

Thanks for the responses. Thats a bit sad I think and perhaps another money grabbing mechanism by Disney, but the multiple characters sounds like an option, probably not for every character, but maybe for certain favourites. Thanks all for the responses

rank_0
edwar368
XBL ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity walkthroughs and how to guides