Disney Infinity Nemo figure first images

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Disney Infinity Nemo figure first images

Postby jayhawk4 » Fri May 06, 2016 8:58 pm

This figure looks great! Finding Nemo is probably my least favorite Pixar film, so I didn't plan on picking this playset up, but after seeing this figure I might reconsider. He looks pretty cool. I never got the discs either, so that's pretty cool.

I wonder if doing the old discs like this will catch on. Maybe Kermit the Frog will come with the Electric Mayhem bus for example. That would be pretty cool.

I understand people wanting more characters from this playset, but if they are limited like the Cars characters. I'd just as soon keep it at 2. We still use McQueen and Mater quite a bit, but poor Holly and Francesco have run out of fuel and are stuck in the bottom of the drawer with Barbosa.

rank_50
jayhawk4
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Skellington0327 » Sat May 07, 2016 2:41 am

I'm really excited about this. It makes sense as to why they picked Nemo over Marlin. while we went on the journey with Marlin, Nemo and Dory are the most recognized and loved characters from the film. If they do plan on doing more than just two characters, then I'd love to see Marlin. Maybe Nemo has a bigger role in Findig Dory and that's why they chose him over Marlin.
"The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it." - Rafiki

"You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from, your only limit is your soul." - Gusteau (Ratatouille)

rank_500
Skellington0327
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby No.1 Pooh Bear Fan » Sat May 07, 2016 3:00 am

I would be fine with Marlin, but I kinda wonder what would set him apart from Nemo. I'm having a hard time thinking about how different Marlin would be from Nemo, so would he be too similar to get a figure?

Additionally, while we may want Marlin, would the kids want Marlin too? I suspect kids might be more interested in, say, Hank, Destiny, or Crush over another clownfish.

rank_50
No.1 Pooh Bear Fan
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby JustNCredible » Sat May 07, 2016 6:17 am

Looks awesome! Actually I would have been more surprised if Marlin had been picked over Nemo, who is certainly more popular with kids. Personally I don't care if we get Marlin on top of Nemo; even if they're both clown fish it would be fun to have the option to play as either. I also don't care if Nemo is a bit more expensive because of the power discs, it would most likely only be by a few dollars anyway.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby BenFleischman » Sat May 07, 2016 6:25 am

Marlin was the main freakin character in the first movie. That'd be crazy if he didn't get a figure in my opinion. They should have just released a Marlin figure and let kids call him Nemo like they usually do if they're only releasing one additional figure. Also, Im surprised this play set isnt looking to have five figures like the rest of the play sets.

rank_250_ftb
BenFleischman
PSN ID:

Postby Sherrif Ben » Sat May 07, 2016 3:31 pm

Who else think's that they should make 2 versions of the Nemo figure?
What i mean is about the box not the figure itself. So that we can choose between a box with the 2 power discs for those who hasn't them yet and for 1 without the power discs for those who already own the 2 power discs.
Coz for me is it a waste to have doubles.
Hi Ho Silver Away

rank_750
Sherrif Ben

Postby Romulus77 » Sat May 07, 2016 4:03 pm

I think the bigger waste would be doing 2 production runs of the same figure.

If the figure is normal priced like all other singles, it won't matter.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby No.1 Pooh Bear Fan » Sat May 07, 2016 4:09 pm

^ @BenFleischman Do you really think kids aren't going to know Marlin when they see him? That's kinda rude to be all like "just give them Marlin, they won't know the difference". I'm sure most kids know the difference between Nemo and Marlin.

rank_50
No.1 Pooh Bear Fan
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Elmo STM » Sat May 07, 2016 4:55 pm

^i think they would know the difference. For me I see nemo as the main stand out character (along with dory) despite Marlin being the main character overall. Nemo to me makes the most sense due to it being called finding nemo it makes him more important for the franchise imo.

I would still buy a Marlin figure if they decided to release one lol

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys