Light FX figures

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Light FX figures

Postby caspartt » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:09 am

Since they announced Star Wars figures were coming to Infinity I was hoping the light sabers would light up, I was pleased when they showed the Light Fx line at D23. However I was worried that they only had 6 of the figure that had light sabers and didn't mention anything about Ahsoka, Maul and Erza getting a Light Fx figure.

JV replied to a tweet I sent this morning that has given me hope there will be a second wave. Thought I should share it.

UPDATES:
Infinity Inquirer has a video with a bit more info on the Light FX figures (including my tweet)

‘Light FX’ Star Wars line of figures will only cost $1 more than their ‘standard’ figures

First image of Light FX packaging courtesy of megadrive2

rank_100
caspartt
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Light FX figures

Postby Paradox » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:29 am

I just wonder how much more of a price increase they'll want for these figures of the regular ones.

I'm totally for waiting to get these instead of getting the 'regular' figures right at launch but I sure wish there was a way I could have them light up when not on the base and on display in my display cabinet. Like a usb powered 'thing a mi jog' in the form of a power disc that I could plug in a sub power strip type thing and then run the cable up the back of the display and just have the figures sit on the disc that would power up the light.

rank_deputy
Paradox

Postby wherestron » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:35 am

@Paradox, IKEA have LED discs that might do the trick. Depends on how they implement the LightFX, but if it's fibre optic it could work.
Cheers,
wherestron
---
Add me on PSN, XBL, iOS and Twitter: @wherestron

rank_250
wherestron
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby hoodoo » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:47 am

I imagine the Light FX figures work similar to the Skylanders Lightcore. The figure is being energized by the base to light the figure. I do not believe light is traveling through the figure like the Merida or Inside Out figures.
A dad, a husband and a gamer.

rank_250
hoodoo
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby caspartt » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:01 pm

@hoodoo Do you know if the lightcores in skylanders have batteries? Will it get to a point where they will stop working?

rank_100
caspartt
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby hoodoo » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:08 pm

I am fairly certain there is no batteries, just a small LED that gets very little power from the base to light up.

rank_250
hoodoo
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Paradox » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:10 pm

I'm guessing that's how they work as well hoodoo, that the figure gets energized by contact with the base, like magnetic charging for cell phones. But it'd be cool if they can come out with small shaped power discs that have a cable with usb plug on the end that we can plug into one of those usb 'power strips' thus enabling them to light up when on display somewhere.

It's cool to have them light up while playing the game but it'd be far cooler to have them stay lit up when on display somewhere, like in a display cabinet, shelf etc.

rank_deputy
Paradox

Postby hoodoo » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:25 pm

@Paradox
So that kinda leads into an idea I have. I do not have any real storage for my figures currently. I have also started down the rabbit hole of a new hobby, woodworking. I also currently have one extra DI base. Soon to have two once 3.0 comes out. So I may disassemble the two bases, remove the electronics and incorporate them into a storage shelf. I imagine I can power the electronics via a simple usb charger.

rank_250
hoodoo
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Sherrif Ben » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:33 pm

Am I the only one who doesn't see the sense in it?
Why doing this. It's the Crystals figures from 1.0 all over again.
They could better spend there time in making new figures and better playsets than making some variants figures.
Except the light what's so different about them?
Hi Ho Silver Away

rank_750
Sherrif Ben

Next

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys