Light FX figures

release dates, identification, wish lists, images, videos, and general information

Re: Light FX figures

Postby braiko » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:03 am

I was almost tempted to start a new topic for this, but instead I'll ask here. What will become of Light FX figures going forwards?

THE FUTURE OF LIGHT FX
1. Have we seen the last of them with this wave, or will they be reoccuring?
2. Will (for example) lightsaber-wielding figures always be released with normal versions first, with a light FX released some time after? Or will we start to see initial figures released as light FX only??
3. Has the current release schedule put some people off picking up the intial normal figure releases, and have you regretted waiting for the light FX upon seeing that they are 'different' (at least the base part)?

My 2 cents; I suspect there will be more light FX releases. My main issue lies with the fact that light FX figures are their own "line" - ie they don't nicely fit in with the existing collection of figures due to the different bases. So now I suspect they will never release light FX as the initial default release of a figure (which I had initially hoped they would) because of this. As it stands, I will always want the standard figure to go with the rest of my collection, but if they start releasing light FX only versions, they will lose that continuity.
YNWA

rank_250
braiko
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby Simian » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:51 pm

I don't mind the different base, because to me it is hardly noticeable. I held off on the normal wave of figures and don't regret a thing. Yeah, I wish the saber lit up better, but for a dollar above regular price, it's a nifty little bonus.

rank_0
Simian

Postby vynsane » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:18 pm

I don't have an answer for #1, but I'd wager for #2 now that they have the technology, if there are further waves of LightFX, they will be released at the same time as the 'standard' figures, but as retailer exclusives again.

As for #3, I did wait for the LightFX figures. It was relatively easy to do so, however, as I was mainly banking on receiving a lot of stuff for Christmas, so the timing was great. I am not put off by the additional piece in the base, but the over-sized ligthsaber hilt is a bit aesthetically displeasing. Only slightly, however, and is greatly overshadowed by the fact that the lightsaber lights up!

rank_100
vynsane
Main Console: Wii U

Postby ImGonnaWreckIt » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:24 pm

@braiko

1. Johnny V in a tweet did mention this may not be the only wave. No confirmation either way.
2. I have no idea what they will do in the future. I would imagine they will do both. Collectors love variants (crystal figures, d23 sorcerer mickey, etc)
3. Yes there were several people I spoke with and read on twitter, this forum, and Facebook who said they were going to wait till the FX figures released.

For me personally I purchased both. The regular figures are the ones used and played with. I have not yet decided on opening the FX figures or leaving them sealed. I have always said this collection was one to be enjoyed now and displayed later, but as the collection grows it is becoming a bit more difficult for me to decide.
Twitter - gvasenjr

rank_250
ImGonnaWreckIt
Main Console: PS4

Postby Kukulcan » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:46 pm

#3 I got Luke and Leia plus Boba plus Obi Wan with my PS4, added Han Solo and that was easily enough for playing.

Was no problem to wait for FX Darth Vader and Yoda, which were the two I wanted

rank_0
Kukulcan

Postby darkrai848 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:31 am

Well the update for the force awakens is out and it looks like we may be getting a light FX version of Kylo Ren (his base has the indent for a light saber in the hall of heroes).

rank_50
darkrai848
Main Console: Wii U

Postby ImGonnaWreckIt » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:42 am

Interesting!!! There's a part of me that wanted it to be over at 6 but a part of me that wanted Ren as a FX character.
Twitter - gvasenjr

rank_250
ImGonnaWreckIt

Postby Kukulcan » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:38 am

Still hoping for an official or unofficial base that lights up the figures without the need to switch on the console and start the game

rank_0
Kukulcan

Postby rogpalmeruk » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:02 pm

Out today in the Uk. Managed to get Darth Vader at game but saw no kanan... No Argos in 20 miles has Luke. Smyths are 50 miles away and both sainsburys and Tesco hadnt a clue what I was talking about as nothing on shelf.... Blurg

rank_250_ftb
rogpalmeruk
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity hardware and software, merchandise and toys