Do you scan and return unwanted power disc packs?

if you are thinking of doing something and would like the opinions of others

Re: Do you scan and return unwanted power disc packs?

Postby Pyx » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:10 pm

As long as it is unopened you can return it, once they are open, your best bet is trading here or selling on Ebay.

rank_100
Pyx
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Kohdok » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:04 am

Figment 74: "Scratch test"

*Slaps forehead*

Why didn't I figure that out?
Kohdok
Main Console: PS4

Postby DrNate » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:33 am

As of today, I do indeed scan and return unwanted power disc packs. I purchased 50 to get the best chance of finishing off the missing eight from my collection. I was hoping to be able to do it in four packs, but it turns out I needed five packs to do it. The Wreck It Ralph textures were the rarest, I think I found two in fifty packs.

the pack scratchers are definitely raiding this TRU. I found one rare in fifty packs.

Now, let's see how the cashiers react when I return 45 packs tomorrow...

rank_100
DrNate
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby AceSoloMcCloud » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:23 am

^Let us know how that goes.
Daring Air Operations Expert
Have Disney Infinity on: Xbox 360 | PS3 | Wii U

rank_100
AceSoloMcCloud
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Sorcerer Mickey » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:58 am

This is encouraging to know I am not the only frugal one! :) Thanks for all the great responses. Do you believe that Disney will change the packaging for the next wave to prevent "scratchers" and "scanners?"
“Too many people grow up. That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up. They forget. They don't remember what it's like to be 12 years old. They patronize, they treat children as inferiors. Well I won't do that.” -Walt Disney

rank_0
Sorcerer Mickey
PSN ID:

Postby DrNate » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:01 am

Strange morality, I am okay with Disney finding a way to stop the scratchers, but wouldn't mind if future packs were still scannable. Not sure what the difference really is, if you condone one behavior, I think you are automatically condoning the other. To me, scratching the packs seems naughtier than buying a bunch and taking them home to scan and then return 92% of the packs. It may be because I gave in and pack scanned for the last few discs I needed. No rares on my want list, oddly, had a set before I got a set of the regular ones.

They took my return (46/50 packs) without question at TRU. The same lady who checked me out returned them too. I remember because she's beautiful...anyway, she didn't seem pleased with my shenanigans, I should probably try to keep my distance when I'm at Toys R Us in the future. Maybe she'll have forgotten me by the time wave 2 comes out (I'm buying 50 packs and scanning them from the start, or just buying a set on Ebay. The way I did it this time was just too...random)

rank_100
DrNate
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby ChildrenOfTime » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:29 am

I bought one pack yesterday (still not sure how serious I want to be about collecting the power discs) but I scanned it anyways, just in case by some bad luck I got another Sugar Rush Sky from Wreck-It Ralph (the only disc I had which came with the starter pack) and got Kahn and Mickey's car.

I may buy a pack or two every week and scan them, see how it goes. Maybe it's silly, but I think if you buy them in bulks, you're more likely to get the same ones, because maybe they're not so random on the production line, I dunno, that's just my reasoning.

Anyways, if I do continue collecting the discs, I may continue scanning blind packs until I keep getting duplicates, then I may buy the single ones off of eBay instead.
ChildrenOfTime
PSN ID:

Postby altiareagle » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:04 am

I"M SO FRUSTRATED. I can't do this trick because there is no set up at my target walmart or gamestop. There is the tag written on the box of one of the figs saying "place figure on base to see character." I saw one and placed my discs there to see if it would work. I. WAS. LIED. TO. NONE. WORKED. :evil:
Kinda tired.
Chat with me If you're tired too.

rank_1500
altiareagle
Location: Cushing, Texas. Where the coyotes wail and there isn't a steakhouse. Or Steak.

Postby toops » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:09 am

if you read the thread you'll see that that doesn't work. they are buying them then taking them home and scanning them on their base at home and seeing what it is. returning the packs that have repeats
in store it's just a generic power disc trailer.

rank_deputy_etch
toops

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity what would you do questions