Do you scan and return unwanted power disc packs?

if you are thinking of doing something and would like the opinions of others

Re: Do you scan and return unwanted power disc packs?

Postby Hulkerella » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:18 pm

Sneaky, never even thought of that, but thats probably why i'm on the trading threads

rank_100
Hulkerella

Postby Elmo STM » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:04 pm

Haha yea. I'm missing 12 originals and going to buy 6 packs tomorrow for £7.50 if I have doubles which I'm sure I will I'll trade for the rest hopefully

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Ryno R80 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:03 am

Ha, this just donned on me the other day to try it out. I remembered when a friend had a few figures still in the package on his shelf. "Dude, why don't you open them up, you haven't played with these guys yet?" He informed me that you can just put the figure in package on the baseplate so I figured it would work with the power discs too. I have like 40+ packs I need to take back to the store. I recommend shopping at different locations if possible, you get a wider spread variety this way.

rank_0
Ryno R80
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Hulkerella » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:41 am

40+ Ryno? Slightly excessive?
Don't think any shops by me would accept a blind bag back, especially unopened; for any reason other than defect

rank_100
Hulkerella

Postby caspartt » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:57 am

Just a thought, when the vita version of the game is out you will be able to scan in the shop before buying a pack :)

rank_100
caspartt
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby InfinityApprentice » Thu May 14, 2015 4:20 am

1.0 and 2.0 blind power discs packs retail for about $5.00 dollars (excluding taxes) and there are two discs per pack, so approx. $2.50 per disc.

I bought a bunch of 1.0 and 2.0 blind power disc packs on a tremendous sale at TRU. I kept the ones I needed for my collection and tried to sell the rest on eBay. I sold a fair amount, but I'm still stuck with approx. 20 power discs that I, and apparently no on else on eBay, wants. In order to get the discs I needed to complete my collection (the tough ones to get, of course) I had to pay an arm and an leg and a pair of mouse ears on eBay. :cry:

I realized after that fact that even though I had saved over $100 buying the blind packs on sale, I probably spent almost as much tracking down the rare and terrain discs I did want. :?

I would have saved the time and the money to it took to go to TRUmand buy the packs, and the time it took to sort the discs, and the time and the money it took to sell them online, if I had just bought the whole collection from one eBay seller. :roll:

Make sure you check the price (including shipping) if you buy the whole set from one seller on eBay. I found one seller that I could have gotten the 40 Disney power discs from the blind pack for $100, about $2.50 per disc. *sigh*

With the change in selling power discs for 3.0 (no more blind packs - yay!), it practically renders that strategy useless, but if you're trying to get complete 1.0 and/or 2.0 power discs set, I would suggest a thorough search of eBay first. ;)

Another option you might check out, if you only want a couple of power discs, is to look for a local trading group. My local GameStop has a trading box that you can search through, and if you see a disc you want, you take it out and put one of yours in. I've gotten a couple of great finds in that box!

Good luck with your collection!
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

Postby Maserati777 » Mon May 25, 2015 4:02 am

I did this for Series 1, I'd buy 8 and then only open the ones with two new power discs. I think I found the Pirates round disc like 5 times in packs with duplicate discs and returned it until I finally found one with another new disc.

I wouldn't go the eBay route, ebay is a pain. We tried selling ours on ebay back when they came out and no one wanted them, because they were common. You might be able to sell common discs from Series 1 now since they are hard to find but current common discs is just impossible.

Also on a sidenote I played the Lone Ranger playset still in the package. Eventually I did open it but it was funny that the playset piece and the figure fit on the base in the package.

rank_250
Maserati777
Main Console: Xbox 360

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity what would you do questions