Do you scan and return unwanted power disc packs?

if you are thinking of doing something and would like the opinions of others

Re: Do you scan and return unwanted power disc packs?

Postby altiareagle » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:56 am

I noticed that its just that i'm not rich, i need someway to get around this. I'd like to trade online but i'd probably screw it up.
Kinda tired.
Chat with me If you're tired too.

rank_1500
altiareagle
Location: Cushing, Texas. Where the coyotes wail and there isn't a steakhouse. Or Steak.
Main Console: PS3

Postby packetloss » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:01 am

I found my local craigslist.org to provide me with enough trade partners to complete my set and enough buyers to purchase my extras left over after trading. Note: It took longer then I hoped but it worked.

The only DI I have returned was that piece of wibble capsule (traded it in for a book). I also returned a defective chip and it's counter part for a fresh pack at the direction of Disney.
Disney Infinity ID approved - packetloss on disneyinfinity.com

rank_0
packetloss
Main Console: PS4

Postby Maserati777 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:05 am

I probably bought over 40 packs before I got King Candy's Dessert Toppings, I returned 18 to just Toys r Us.

I did open two packs that had two duplicates by accident, the first one I bought had both discs facing inward so when I scratched it I thought it had two rares in it. :lol:

The second time I bought 8 and got two Chrome's, the first one had a chip missing from the plastic so I set the other aside to open later, I returned the other 6 and opened the one to find two hexagonal discs I already had, I returned the wrong pack...

rank_250
Maserati777
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby PrincessBAM » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:42 pm

Honestly, I cannot afford to buy them and get many duplicates. I was able to snag the Target series 2 set for cheap (coupons, emp discount) - so that helps. I've bought 2 gold packs at TRU, and I think 3 series 1s.

We haven't gotten any duplicates yet - I did scratch all of them at Target in the series 1 bags. It is no different than standing there and feeling Lego mini-figs for what you want! Only, at $2.99 plus my discount those become more of an impulse. Luckily we have managed to get Scrooge and Pieces of Eight - and they are the ones they want to use the most right now!

But I live 60 miles from TRU - if I'm going to hit them up, it will be planned and a narrow shopping window for exclusives. My boyfriend wants the Tron ones - I may send him to TRU where he is working right now! :D

Anyway, overall, I can't afford the blind pack thing for as many as there are.... it isn't a good use of my entertainment budget.

rank_0
PrincessBAM

Postby Lisor » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:34 pm

I did the scratch tests as well, but only to collect all of them. I don't like the people who buy all the rare ones and sell them for more online.
In the Netherlands the power disc packs are a bit more expensive so I defenitely scan them at home. I also brought back the rare ones that were doubles. It's also dificult to trade, since the game is less popular here (still can't figure out why). So if I don't want to be stuck with 200 euros of extra power discs, I kinda have to.

rank_0
Lisor
PSN ID:

Postby fdanielix » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:02 am

Somebody on walmart was kind(?) enough to secretly open the 2.0 disk packs from behind making it completely unnoticed. Whoever did this left them there for other people. I was able to find rares easily thanks to this, and I of course took advantage of the situation. In any case, I wasn't the one who opened them! :lol:
20 Featured
Toy Boxes:

Caleb Dume: Face The Past
Curse Lift-Off

rank_1500_ftb_10
fdanielix
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:31 am

@fdanielix haha never noticed any packs like that when I buy, easy way to make sure you get what you need though

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Hulkerella » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:21 pm

Scaning? I'm lost, please explain

rank_100
Hulkerella

Postby Elmo STM » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:06 pm

@hulkerella some people buy the packs and keep the receipt, they get home scan the packs on the base to see what discs are in the pack and then return packs they don't need

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity what would you do questions