Do you scan and return unwanted power disc packs?

if you are thinking of doing something and would like the opinions of others

Do you scan and return unwanted power disc packs?

Postby Sorcerer Mickey » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:59 pm

My wife and I completed our power disc set by over-purchasing B1G1 for $1 and keeping only the discs we needed. We got the full set for such a bargain with very few duplicates thanks to this method! Has anyone else done this, or do you prefer the "trading card" feeling of it too much?
“Too many people grow up. That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up. They forget. They don't remember what it's like to be 12 years old. They patronize, they treat children as inferiors. Well I won't do that.” -Walt Disney

rank_0
Sorcerer Mickey
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Re: Do you scan and return unwanted power disc packs?

Postby Spleenzorio » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:23 pm

I think it's a good idea if you are just looking for one or two more because the other day I spent almost 40 bucks trying to get ONE disc! It's not like you are hurting anyone in taking away their chances in getting those discs because you are returning them anyways.
Spleenzorio
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Figment74 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:40 pm

I purchased 8 packs @ the BOGO, and ended up with 5 unopened packs, that I was going to return, and then I was wondering how the return will work. If I return 5 packs will the first 4 be @ $1, and then #5 will be 4.99. Not wanting to waste the fuel, I scanned the packs to see what I had, and looked at the average E-bay auction, and found that if I can sell my discs for an avg of $3 per auction, then I will actually be better off selling them, than returning them. So for me, I opened all my packs and am selling my extras on E-bay.

No Rares, I did the scratch test and left them on the shelf for the next buyer. I do have one pack that had both repunzel disc in it! FYI unopened packs are selling for far less than the individual discs, and of course some are more desirable.
Figment74

We all have sparks. Imaginations. That's how our minds create creations. So they can make our wildest
dreams come true. Those little sparks in me and you.

rank_100
Figment74
Main Console: PS3

Postby Charlee » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:15 am

I did this today, and thank god I did. They were all doubles. I keep getting the same 6 discs in packs and its rather annoying.
We have the freedom of speech!!!

Lotso
Charlee
PSN ID:

Postby Kelleytoons » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:17 am

I did this to complete my set, but in hindsight the far easier (and cheaper) thing to do was to get them all on eBay.

Even with the more expensive rare ones I could have completed the set for $70 or so, and with the gas I spent (which is NOT cheap) I spent more than that by at least $10-20. Not to mention the time. Wave 2, whatever it is that I actually want (I may not be a completist for it) I'll eBay.

rank_250
Kelleytoons

Postby DrNate » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:29 am

Ebay is looking like a fine option. Especially for Wave 2+, as mentioned above.

Yes, I will scan and return unopened packs o get the last five discs I need: both Nemos, WiR textures, and two round discs. I feel like I need a day off from work to do it, so that I can buy, scan, and return on the same day.

The follow up question is: how many packs did/will you buy to get the discs you need. I'm thinking I should either buy all of them, or something crazy like fifty packs. The trick isn't to find the discs I listed above, but to find them together, to save money. The cashier is going to think I'm insane.

rank_100
DrNate
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Kelleytoons » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:20 am

It took me about 30 packs total, but I "cheated" and bought the last two at eBay (for around $3 each which INCLUDED shipping -- they arrived today, in fact).

As I said, never again. But if I had to estimate, I'd suspect you need to get at least 60 to be sure (but it's a crapshoot, because you could do it with as few as 11). One trip I bought 12 and ALL 12 were duplicates.

rank_250
Kelleytoons

Postby Puddin' » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:09 am

I did this when I was down to missing two discs. I purchased a single pack from Target and opened it up to find duplicates and said to myself "forget this!" Eight sealed packs later, with Six returned, I had my set.

Lenny
Puddin'

Postby agentofanarchy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:00 pm

My little sister got 6 packs yesterday and only 2 discs where ones we did not already have. Now I am considering this or ebay because no one needs 5 cinderellas coach. but doesnt a product have to be defective to return it?

rank_0
agentofanarchy

Next

Return to Disney Infinity what would you do questions