How Does One Get Started?

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

How Does One Get Started?

Postby Truvidien » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:31 pm

Greetings!

Been really interested in the Marvel aspect for Disney Infinity and just wondering how does one get involved with it? I understand that you'll need to buy the characters themselves and the playsets? Do you have to buy the board setup that connects the characters for you to play through console? Just curious on what all I should look at getting started..

Thanks!

rank_0
Truvidien
Main Console: Xbox One

Re: How Does One Get Started?

Postby caspartt » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:51 am

Yes you will need the base to be able to play. If you are using Xbox one like you profile says you will need to make sure you get an Xbox one base as the bases for other consoles, even the 360, will not work on Xbox one.
You could get a base second hand and download the game from Xbox live if you are only interested in the Marvel playset for 3.0. The marvel playsets from 2.0 will not work on 3.0 they only unlock the toybox pieces in 3.0.

rank_100
caspartt
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Ryno R80 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:51 pm

Since you are interested in Marvel, I would recommend the Disney Infinity 2.0 Starter Set. It comes with everything you need to get started. 3 figures, the base and one of the best playsets ever made. AND it's only $25 on Amazon! http://amzn.com/B00KWHIZQ2 If you want more marvel figures and marvel playsets, this will show you all that you need. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... 2.0+marvel. Remember, figures with 3.0 on the box won't work with your 2.0 disc and playsets. If you REALLY want to go nuts and get ALL the marvel stuff and have marvel stuff only, you can buy a digital version of Disney Infinity 3.0 in the Xbox One Store (in your system) and then go buy all the disney infinity 3.0 figures. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... 3.0+marvel. I hope you let us know what you ended up getting if anything and have fun!

rank_0
Ryno R80
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby vynsane » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:26 pm

Best Buy actually has all their 2.0 starter packs, for all platforms, for $20 at the moment. If you have Gamer's Club Unlocked, it will be $15.99. That's a really good deal. I was originally going to just get the download version of 3.0 but the Black Friday deal on 3.0 starter at Best Buy this past year was too good to pass up (it was like $32 after GCU discount).

rank_100
vynsane
Main Console: Wii U

Postby ad_cfc11 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:14 pm

I'd suggest one of two ways to get started.

As people have said you can buy the 2.0 Marvel Super Heroes Starter Pack. This includes Iron-Man, Black Widow and Thor, the 2.0 game disc, the Avengers playset and two power discs. The disc is like any other game disc, but the playset is what gives you that particular story/missions/levels etc. Without a playset piece, you are restricted to using the 'toybox' aspect of the game (which is building your own games, worlds). These toyboxes are user made and can be downloaded for anybody to play!

Or you could purchase the 3.0 Star Wars Starter Pack and buy some marvel characters. However, to play any missions (or playset) you would need to purchase the Marvel Battlegrounds playset which is out in US (I think) and 25th for UK. All marvel characters work in 3.0 toybox and marvel battlegrounds, but the avengers playset (which is 2.0) will NOT work with the 3.0 disc.

In a nutshell, 2.0 playsets ONLY work with 2.0 disc, and 3.0 playsets only work with 3.0 disc.

I hope this has given you a little help, please let me know if you need more!

rank_0
ad_cfc11

Postby pjhaan » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:32 pm

This week best buy has some of the figures on sale for either $4.99 or $8.99.

EDIT: 3.0 figures

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help