Question: Domes, Textures, and Saving

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Question: Domes, Textures, and Saving

Postby krisko612 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:34 am

Hi Disney Infinity Fans,

I've become very interested in this game over the past few days, but I have a question regarding how saving Toy Boxes is supposed to work.

I'm well aware that Power Discs are only activated when, and only when they're on the Base. So for example, if I wanted to have the Sugar Rush dome in my world, I would have to have that disc on my base. Here's where things get dicey however.

Let's say that I save this world with the Sugar Rush disc on the base and upload it to the toy box cloud. Two things:

1) What would happen if I loaded this world again without the disc on the base? Would the Sugar Rush dome appear when I reload the world? Or would the dome change back to a default setting?

2) Would a person who chooses to load my world be able to play it if he/she does not possess the correct power disc needed to display the dome?

I ask this because I've seen that some members are planing to create fake playsets based on the worlds that lack an official playset. Everything I've seen seems to suggest that this isn't really possible however.
krisko612
Main Console: Xbox One
NN ID:

Re: Question: Domes, Textures, and Saving

Postby FROZOFAN » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:43 am

If you look through some videos, you will find the answer. I am positive a developer said that if you download a play set and do not have some of the items, you can SEE them but cannot manipulate them. This is a way of marketing because the hope is that you see something you don't have and you go out and buy it for yourself.

rank_250
FROZOFAN

Postby Torch1784 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:21 am

I believe Frozofan is correct so you could upload a world see the candy crush dome put if you change the dome you wouldn't be able to but back candy crush unless you have the disc.
Trade Transactions
Spoiler: show
Completed: 5, Pending: 2

rank_100
Torch1784
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby SandyClaws » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:24 am

Assuming it is your creation though, I assume the skydome would remain until you loaded a powerdisc. Another possible solution if it is your owned creation, the skydome would revert to a default.
Please subscribe to us on iTunes or Stitcher Radio, and Youtube

Disney Infinity TV

Chatter
SandyClaws

Postby krisko612 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:27 am

I guess that this is something we won't fully understand until release. Still, it's fun to speculate!
krisko612
NN ID:

Postby Fix-It Felix » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:42 am

Question 1 has been answered. So Question 2, if you were hosting the game, and you put your sugar rush power disc down, your friend would see it, even if they didn't have that particular power disc.
Wont be on the Forums until I get Infinity on the 23rd
Hope you guys enjoy it!

Lotso
Fix-It Felix

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help