Base not working with Xbox one

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Base not working with Xbox one

Postby whodunit » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:39 am

I had to replace my base that quit working and I bought a used one from GameStop, the new one still isnt registering when plugged in, I have heard that the base for the 360 wont work on Xbox one. Does anyone know the model number for the 360 vs the xbox one base so I can make sure I have the right one before replacing again. Thanks in advance.

rank_0
whodunit
Main Console: Xbox One

Re: Base not working with Xbox one

Postby darkrai848 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:50 am

what I can tell you is that only a base from a Xbox one will work (wii, wii U, ps3, ps4, and xbox 360 bases will not work). bases are interchangeable between wii, wii U, ps3, ps4 but xbox systems require the exact one.

rank_50
darkrai848
Main Console: Wii U

Postby braiko » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:13 am

I have a similar problem in that my base intermittently doesn't register. I will have a figure on the base when the game starts up, only for the message saying "place a figure on the base" to appear on screen (and the base doesn't light up, which is the giveaway). Usually requires a game restart or a system restart and then it's working again. I tried switching to my spare base once to see if it was a faulty base, but it didn't work too - i think it's a usb/xbox problem.
YNWA

rank_250
braiko
XBL ID:

Postby Calysto » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:55 pm

Try connecting the base to a different usb port, that way you can see if there is a problem with a specific port.

rank_250
Calysto
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

Postby braiko » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:02 am

Yeah I did try that and it didn't seem to fix it. I think it seems to happen when the game has not "turned off" and you launch it up again. What I mean is when you go back to the xbox menu with the game still running in the background, sometimes (even after the system has been turned off) when you come back to restart the game later it reloads from within the game somewhere (toybox menu etc) rather than relaunching the game (opening with the Avalanche credits etc).

I have thus been making sure to select 'turn off' to the game when back in the menus. This seems to have fixed the problem so far.
YNWA

rank_250
braiko
XBL ID:

Postby Calysto » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:06 am

Looks like it's due to the game having trouble resuming after being suspended. This continues to happen with the new dashboard?

rank_250
Calysto
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

Postby BlackWidow » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:21 am

i had similar problems when running with another window /snapped, as when you are in the snapped window, the XBOX seems to lose access to the base. Sometimes the only way to fix was to unplug, replug the base in.

That said, I think the OP's just doesn't work at all - and given it's used from Gamestop, I'm presuming he just got the wrong one. The XBOX One version says it right on the back: "Model: INF-8037059 for XBOX One".

rank_100
BlackWidow
Main Console: Wii U

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help