@omnidroid cars movies are awesome!!

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Re: 'Toy Story 4' Announced -- Coming June 2017

Postby Stitch » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:42 am

^But he has also directed some of Pixar's greatest.
You always have your bad apples of the bunch, some you cannot help.
Cars on its own was fine, but they shouldn't have made it its own franchise (I believe the only reason they did was to sell more merchandise.)
Apparently we are getting a third :/

rank_1500
Stitch
Main Console: PS4

Postby bloxxerman » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:23 pm

I'm a little bit worried as well (I'm in the minority, but I loved Cars 2!) but I've loved every single Pixar film, and I truly trust that they will do the Toy Story gang justice and that they are making the fourth film because they really want to.

Let's get #IBelieveInPixar trending! xD
Never trust a hug. It's just a way to hide your face.

Lotso
bloxxerman
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby PixarToonie » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:28 pm

I've been a massive Toy Story fan since forever! Personally, I think it should have stayed as a trilogy because the third films ending was brilliant. But I'm still really happy that Woody, Buzz, Jessie and the gang will be returning to our lives once more!

Let's hope Bo and Wheezy return!
Just keep swimming - Dory, Finding Nemo

rank_500
PixarToonie
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Stitch » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:16 am

^
I think I heard that the reason she wasn't in the third was because they thought she was too fragile for the action of the movie.
I also remember Woody referencing in the third movie that she was sold in a yard sale :(
I miss Bo.
And Wheezy, but I don't know what happened to him. Probably the same.

rank_1500
Stitch
Main Console: PS4

Postby wreckitlightyear » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:04 am

Would have liked Wheeze to stay. But that really couldn't have happened anyway
Chewie, we're home...

rank_250
wreckitlightyear
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:42 pm

David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:20 pm

Operation: Playtime is a go! Josh Cooley will co-direct Toy Story 4, along with John Lasseter. Josh, one of Variety’s “10 Animators to Watch,” is head of story on Inside Out. Toy Story 4 debuts June 16, 2017.

Pixar’s Rising Star Joins John Lasseter to Direct Toy Story 4

Big news for those of us eagerly awaiting more adventures with Woody and Buzz: rising Pixar star Josh Cooley will be joining John Lasseter to co-direct Toy Story 4.

It’s been nearly twenty years since Disney Pixar unleashed the very first computer animated feature film into the world, and back in November we learned that we’ll be returning to the world of Toy Story with a fourth film.

Cooley’s career with Pixar began with an internship in the story department, where he worked on Cars. Recently he’s worked as Head of Story on Inside Out, and directed a short that will be released on the Inside Out Blu-ray.

In an interview with Variety, Cooley commented on his incredible new gig: “To be co-director on Toy Story 4 with John, who brought the Toy Story characters to the screen 20 years ago, is a dream come true. When I first saw Toy Story I was amazed by the groundbreaking computer-generated animation. But it was the strong storytelling that kept me coming back. Toy Story 4 will continue that tradition and I couldn’t be more excited to be a part of it!”

When the news of Toy Story 4 first broke, John Lasseter expressed similar excitement for the project: “We love these characters so much; they are like family to us,” he said. “We don’t want to do anything with them unless it lives up to or surpasses what’s gone before. Toy Story 3 ended Woody and Buzz’s story with Andy so perfectly that for a long time, we never even talked about doing another Toy Story movie. But when Andrew, Pete, Lee and I came up with this new idea, I just could not stop thinking about it.”

Toy Story 4 is slated for release on June 16, 2017. Stay tuned for more updates!

Source: Disney Insider

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:38 am

‘Toy Story 4′ Will Be a Love Story Between Woody and Bo Peep

Toy Story 3 was a lovely end to the Toy Story movies, and it would have been fine if Disney and Pixar had kept on with just a series of Toy Story shorts so that we could check in with these characters without having to shove them back into theaters. However, since the property is basically a license to print money, it was only a matter of time before Toy Story 4 was forced upon us, and the upcoming sequel was announced last November with a release date given for June 16, 2017.

Back in March, we reported that Toy Story 4 wouldn’t be a direct sequel, and it would be the studio’s first romantic comedy. But between which two characters? Buzz and Jessie have always been cute, but according to GMA’s Twitter, Toy Story 4 will be a love story between Woody and Bo Peep:

Good Morning America (@GMA) - The storyline for 'Toy Story 4' will be a love story and centered around Woody and Bo Peep! #D23 #D23Expo

I guess this gives Pixar plenty of room to finally develop the Bo Peep character, who has always been a background love interest for Woody. She’s his girlfriend, but rarely an active character, and one who was increasingly pushed to the background in the sequels (she’s not even in Toy Story 3, and apparently in The Art of Toy Story 3 book, director Lee Unkrich says she was given away in a yard sale). If Pixar is intent on making this a love story, hopefully they finally flesh out her character and make her an equal with Woody rather than just putting a love story through his perspective.

Since Bo Peep will now have a significant role, it will be interesting to see if Pixar sticks with voice actress Annie Potts or goes for a bigger name. The studio has always been comfortable with going for the right voice over nabbing a celebrity, but since Toy Story 4 smacks of trying to pull in the biggest gross possible, I wouldn’t be surprised if they recast it. Expect to hear more about the film later today when Pixar has its presentation at D23.

Source: Collider

D23 Poster

Photo credit: Imperio Geek on Twitter

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

PreviousNext

Return to Disney movies and tv