Frozen

Re: Frozen

Postby Turbo-tastic » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:48 pm

@Rapunzel: Hah. :D Only thing is I have to wait for December to watch it, but I don't mind spoilers so you guys better explain everything to me! (I knew that King Candy was Turbo before I watched WiR. lol)

@buckmana: Darn, I thought the Duke might have a bigger role to play.
Turbo - Game jumping at its finest

King Candy/Turbo and Rex for Infinity!

rank_250
Turbo-tastic
Main Console: PS4

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:44 pm

Some stills from the new trailer :)

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Trailer impressions: When I first saw this trailer, I had a good feeling that Disney was gonna showcase a film that it's not just a Disney Princess movie but also a film that can relate to people who have siblings like myself. Even though the trailer shows some of the adventure and romance side of Frozen, the main story is about Anna trying to find her older sister, Elsa who banished herself from Arendelle because of the her hidden ice/snow powers that she kept the secret for years until the coronation. So now, Anna along with Kristoff, Sven, and Olaf, as they venture through the icy terrain of Arendelle to fine her sister to convince to come back home because of a curse that was set upon Arendelle which is in eternal winter after the secret was revealed.

After seeing the teaser and official trailer, I'm happy to say that I'm really excited to see Frozen this Thanksgiving! :)
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Star Command » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:45 pm

That first screenshot of the trailer looks like a promo for Tangled 2.
I think too many people have forgotten what Disney used to be. Let's just let the box office do the talking on December 6th (which is not thanksgiving like the trailer indicates the movie will come out).
To infinity, and beyond!

Disney Infinity Figures Obtained: 14

rank_50
Star Command
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Rapunzel. » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:17 am

^ Seriously, you need to stop! And the movie is coming out November 27th! So yes, that it the day after Thanksgiving! Please look at those pictures I linked earlier! Disney has always copied and pasted! That does not make any of the magic go away, does it? Disney will never lose that magic!
"I am the lost princess, aren't I?"

rank_750
Rapunzel.

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:04 am

New still of Anna :)

David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby buckmana » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:29 am

I am wondering about the scene where Anna and Olaf are inside the hut talking.
It looks to me like her hair has changed color to pure white, I wonder
Spoiler: show
if that is the result of what Elsa accidentally did to Anna taking more effect.

What that is, I don't know.
Spoiler: show
According to the plot outline I read, Elsa touched Anna when they were kids and nearly killed her with her powers. From a hint dropped in the updated synopsis, it seems that Anna is changing to be like Elsa, which is part of the motivation to seek her out, to reverse the transformation.

Which could be why her hair changes color.

I'm hoping Olaf finds a way to live in summer temperatures without melting.
That is, assuming someone doesn't do the "heroic sacrifice" route and he dies.
I really don't want to see that happen, but it's a possibility.

Rapunzel, I concur with you, Star Command needs to just stop.
My prediction is that when the "box office does the talking" as they put it, it will say "awesome movie", not "we hate this movie".

And for the record, I believe this movie is better then anything Disney offered before.
Most Disney movies didn't get my attention and this one has it strongly, so in my opinion, it's better then them.

rank_1000
buckmana
Main Console: PS3

Postby Modeltrainman » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:35 am

Frozen looks great, Anna looks great, Elsa too...I want Olaf as a figure for Infinity. I also want to encourage everyone to "play nice." We don't want this thread closed.
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby buckmana » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:10 am

I've preordered my Frozen playset.

Can we call it that? :?
I'm uncertain, since it doesn't actually come with a playset crystal.

Unfortunately, I won't get Anna and Elsa until January next year (according to the store clerk). :(
Not sure why the movie comes out in November and the DI figures aren't scheduled until two months later.
It's standard business practice to release the merchandise when the movie comes out, because it will be high profile and everyone will want to buy the stuff.

I wonder, will they release a second batch of figures with a toy box crystal later?
Any bets on who that will be?
Kristof and Olaf would be nice.

I'm still on the fence where the dolls are concerned.
A problem I have with these dolls in the past is (after seeing the movie), I look at the dolls and think, the face isn't right.
Which is why I prefer action figures, they do more faithful sculpts (if it's a good figure!).

I think this may be because the eye is drawn to the clothing they wear and they don't expect people to examine the facial features that closely.
I'm not an expert in dolls, but (to me), it appears that's it all about the clothing, so that's where all the effort goes.

rank_1000
buckmana

Postby Soubi » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:45 am

^ I believe they've been called "Toy Box Sets"

also, if you have a local disney store/toys store that has a dedicated disney section - such as Toys R Us does in the US, you could try looking at the various dolls to see what is up for offer

and so far as saying "Its all about the clothes" .. that depends on how you look at it.. they do their best to make the clothes "Pretty" and "appealing" but I have yet to find a Merida doll with her riding dress being the way it was in the movie (Now, I haven't looked very hard, but I know TRU had a huge section, and everything was of her in a different dress, generally with sparkles *rolls eyes*)

rank_250
Soubi
PSN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney movies and tv