Official Toy Box Summit Contest

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

Re: Official Toy Box Summit Contest

Postby thebaroness89 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:05 pm

@goofy
upload your DI save files to cloud. Then delete the files off the console. Then re-download your saves from the Disney servers.
your doors should work again. The ability to link boxes should work again is what I mean.

rank_250_ftb_10
thebaroness89
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby DaddyGeek » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:13 pm

Well, I'm officially entered! :D

My toy box is called Boardwalk Bash...
https://infinity.disney.com/en-ca/toybox/f4a438f7358249d1831640fb535abd6e

I spent many summers at the Jersey boardwalk as a kid, so my inspiration came from there. There are five challenges/activities to do, which gives you an "achievement" for each one. Complete all five and see the boardwalk surround by night time fireworks. I was going for a simple and fun experience, and I think I pulled it off. Here's some notes on the challenges...

1. Surfing (Rail slides) - I really like how this turned out. I think waves turned out really good, and surfing the barrel looks really cool. The second jump is a little tricky, just look down to stick the landing. If the towns people behave, you should see a section where you have to dodge them.

2. Helping Candace - This is the activity that gave me the most problems, and might possibly still bug out. Candace should follow you, and every time you knock over a sand castle, you'll see foot prints showing where Phineas and Ferb went. However the replayers don't seem to like the arrows or foot prints from the decoration ribbon, so they may not show up.

Originally it was more of a mine sweeper challenge, where each time you knocked over a sand castle, the surrounding sand castles would briefly disappear giving you a clue where yo go next. However, either the replayers went wonky, or I was asking too much of them as the arrows and other hints never showed up, making the hint system useless.

3.Hang Gliding - This was the closest thing I could think of for parasailing. I really like how the hot air balloon turned out. Speaking of which, I had to name it hot air ride as "balloon" kept getting rejected by the filter. Other than being able to cheat, you shouldn't run into any bugs here.

4. Swim and Rescue (Towns people rescue) - I used to compete in life guard competitions during my younger days, so I had to through some reference in there. As soon as I started making it, Jaws references came to mind. So you'll be helping Hooper save Quint and other swimmers. I had to leave the arrows static for this one as they wouldn't behave on a replayer. If it's not obvious, all the swimmers except Quint are in the life preservers.

5. Goofy's Taffy Machine - I love the idea of this challenge, but not happy with Goofy's candy shop. It's very barren, but all the decoration I would place in there glitched through the walls. There were originally more choices in color combinations, but I trimmed it down to make it a little more easier for little ones.

If all goes well, you should get an achievement for each one, and that in turn sparks the sky changer and fireworks show. It looks really good as long as the dual action triggers behave. ;)

Overall, I think I shot myself in the foot going small and simple compared to the other entries. However, if it doesn't glitch out, I think it's a fun little toy box.

Good luck to all that entered, and a safe trip for everyone attending! :D

rank_100_ftb
DaddyGeek
PSN ID:

Postby pjhaan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:26 pm

@DaddyGeek - Glad you were able to get it in. It looks like we have several similar challenges. My Rail slides challenge was meant more as a zip line from the top of a mountain. My castle challenge is to find townspeople to build the castle. Finally, my fireworks display is free and fires every night (I have a 10 minute day and 8 minute night repeating cycle). The fireworks are random each time thanks to a randomizer seven logic gates and 35 party cannons.

Mine was inspired by Weirs Beach in New Hampshire. We went there last summer and had a pretty good time...

I am also going to have a helicopter challenge, a race track and indoor skydiving. Time permitting, I will add a platforming area like Monkey Trunks near Weirs Beach

Now, just need to see if I can actually finish it before the deadline... :) So much left to do...

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby goofyspaceranger » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:26 pm

@thebaroness89 - good idea, but didn't work. Uploaded hub and an import box. Deleted both from local. Downloaded both from cloud. Link to level 2 set. Door produces same error msg :? ...
Any other thoughts? It worked so well the first time :?
Use the Force in Holocron Heuristics to program with more Creativi-Toys!

rank_750
goofyspaceranger
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby CCRunner524 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:50 pm

@goofyspaceranger I think you misunderstood him. He isn't talking about the toyboxes. He is talking about using the PS4 save data cloud. It includes ALL of your toyboxes and playset saves. You must make sure its uploaded then delete your entire DI save file. Then redownload it off of the PS4 server.

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby goofyspaceranger » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:26 pm

^oops, misunderstood. That sounds too risky. Lots of prep work left for the volunteer activities coming up in September. Thanks though, much appreciated.
Use the Force in Holocron Heuristics to program with more Creativi-Toys!

rank_750
goofyspaceranger
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BenFleischman » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:30 am

HURRY I NEED A PLAYTESTER ON PS4. Enemies/Townspeople dont spawn due to full memory on Wii u or PC. I just want to know if it works on current gen. My main concern is the convenience store spawning enemies cause their defeation switches the trigger area that opens up the gnome forest level. Then Gideon's quest is supposed to spawn enemies when you return his father to him. Could someone please check it out?

The Toy Box is shared with PS4 friends. It is not up on community content.

It is called "Just West of Weird."

rank_250_ftb
BenFleischman
PSN ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:00 am

^ played through on ps4 i've sent you a pm

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID: