Official Toy Box Summit Contest

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

Re: Official Toy Box Summit Contest

Postby goofyspaceranger » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:47 pm

@semerien & @fdanielx - thanks, good suggestions. Had not considered that the Level Starter would fire from a change of character, had incorrectly assumed it was from going through the door. Trigger Area exit to trigger the Starter sounds good. Hopefully a re-import will work okay. Traveling over a long weekend - hopefully can find some Toy Box time tonight. :roll:
Use the Force in Holocron Heuristics to program with more Creativi-Toys!

rank_750
goofyspaceranger
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby CCRunner524 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:36 pm

@goofyspaceranger i find that the satellite receiver works much better than the trigger area. Especially if you spawn the character in the trigger area. Spawning them in the trigger area doesnt always make it work and you would be left with them possibly activating it if they come back to it. If you make the level starter activate station 1 of the satellite receiver in the first level, you can make station 1 act as a level starter for how many toybox levels you want after the first toybox.

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby 4aic400 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:08 am

Get ready for a cruise of a lifetime! Here's the link to it. Toy Box has been entered, with 1 character to spare ;) . Feedback is greatly appreciated, and I hope you enjoy!

Disney Dream Vacation - https://infinity.disney.com/en-gb/toybo ... 06cca1de59

rank_100_ftb
4aic400
Main Console: Xbox 360
Disney ID:

Postby Infinity Guru » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:11 am

Just played Disney Dream Vacation, great toy box 4aic400!! I loved all of it! I especially loved how you did Castaway Cay. I've never been there, but the little details like the towels and umbrellas on the beach were awesome little touches (I wish I thought of that!) The cars section was a nice, long raceway.. Just how I like 'em! Can I also add how much I loved the block art ship in every level (never thought I'd see the ship docked in Halloweentown)? It really looks spot-on. The ship INterrior is also HUGE.. I was not expecting it to be as big as it was, and it was also nice that you added Animators Pallet and the Avengers Academy. Very nicely done! Good luck in the contest, dude!
8 Featured Toy Boxes. Toy Box Summit 2015 Attendee.

rank_250_ftb
Infinity Guru
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby DaddyGeek » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:58 am

Sigh...well after a long night, I'm not sure where to go at this point.

I had all 5 of my challenges working perfectly and did a full test run...everything seemed fine. I reloaded and started to polish things up a little and...wham...total chaos. Here are some examples...

I'll have music from another challenge firing off instead of the correct one. This is completely random, as I have had a different experience happen during each test.

Random cut scenes from completely unrelated challenges are firing off during a challenge. For example, I was doing the Swim and Rescue challenge and a cut scene from my Goofy taffy making challenge fired off. Shockingly I was able to complete the challenge, but had the Goofy music playing instead.

I'm getting a timer appearing out of nowhere. For example I was walking on the beach from one challenge to another, and a random timer appeared and just seemed to go on forever. When it appears it makes it impossible to start any challenges.

Now I know I have no random logic toys floating around. Also all the logic to my challenges are kept neatly grouped together, so no chance of cross contamination. I'm going to grab breakfast and go back at it, but I'm running out of time. It's been awhile since I made a toy box, so any insight as to why this may be happening would be appreciated.

rank_100_ftb
DaddyGeek
PSN ID:

Postby pjhaan » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:32 pm

^ I don't think mine issue is as bad as yours but my trigger areas all resized and are really unusable. So, I will have to redo all of those and the logic connections. I added a new challenge and a completely separate Island that you can only access after doing one specific challenge. I still have the terrain and a few challenges left and I have to work tonight. :( I tried using a terrain builder and wasn't happy with the results.

I might make some of the new challenges with out the challenge makers and see if I have time for the logic later.

I have all my logic neatly grouped as well and I have level starters for each challenge with a main level starter to reset everything.

EDIT: Well, my issue may be worse now!!! The last three times I have tried to load my level, I have received the buzz of death! I am not sure if it is all the logic hooked to the various level starters but I can't even load my level now! I was very happy with my progress too!

Time to work (web site deployment). Maybe I will be able to work on it after a successful deployment...

EDIT: Make that SIX BODs! Deployment still going...1:15 AM EST!!!

EDIT: Finished work at 2:00. Started over and have the Sand Castle challenge almost done (1 replayer instead of 6). I am getting ready to start the other challenges but I may ditch the whole "Credits" per challenge approach. I will add the attractions and see how much time I have left for the credits. That was one of my favorite parts and the toughest to manage. Too bad my original box took a big old Buzz of Death dump!!!

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby goofyspaceranger » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:33 pm

@DaddyGeek - hope things are going better by now - if not, wacky stuff like that - I'd wipe out ALL of the Creativi-Toys, save as a new slot, and program them all again. Creativi-Toy connections go quicker than the building of the actual map. The only possible exception would be the Text Creator toys due to the text typing & verification - keep those. Good luck!

@pjhaan - Sounds like you have a plan. Have at it! Agreed, simpler is better. 8-)

@CCRunner524 - thanks, that sounds cleaner - was going to just go with "simpler" on exit from Trigger Areas, but ran into worse problems. Don't know if it was from trying to re-import on the same doors, or deleting some old backup boxes, but...

My file system is now severely corrupted. I cannot create new saves for INterior or traditional Toy Boxes(!) They momentarily appear (with no snapshot photo) then vanish on subsequent load lists. I can modify existing slots, but can no longer import any boxes from any doors(!) The Toy Box engine claims that the link is successful, but in trying to use it, the displayed message implies that it never was. My contest entry will need to stay as-is, and hopefully reviewers will switch characters as the "library" was intended, which will kick off the Level Starters. Regardless, most of the Townspeople vanished on the imports, but I did submit the Tron Trace (2.0 Remix) separately with them intact - hopefully that gets vetted soon.

Looking forward to 3.0 even more now - would like a fresh start on that local file system! :shock:

If anyone has ANY ideas, post away - I took a vacation day to fix up these Toy Boxes today. Currently completely stuck. :?
Use the Force in Holocron Heuristics to program with more Creativi-Toys!

rank_750
goofyspaceranger
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby MightyGitis » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:46 pm

@goofyspaceranger This is the invisible save limit bug. If you eliminate local saves you will be able to save again. It has hit just about every frequent builder and Toy Box Artist at one point or another.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BenFleischman » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:51 pm

Okay... I got a chance to fix what I could of the broken side missions with the hopelessly frustrating Toy Box PC. I couldn't move visible Creativitoys because it wouldn't let me place them back claiming the memory was already full??? Whatever. I hope they upload the fixed version today so I can enter the contest last minute (a la last year, lol...)

EDIT: I just replayed my "fixed" toy box. And more problems have arisen... :D :D :D :D :D :D

rank_250_ftb
BenFleischman
PSN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity toy box creations