Official Toy Box Summit Contest

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

Re: Official Toy Box Summit Contest

Postby fdanielix » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:53 pm

^ Tabaer's toybox is the wild west. Definitely a worthy entry.
20 Featured
Toy Boxes:

Caleb Dume: Face The Past
Curse Lift-Off

rank_1500_ftb_10
fdanielix
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BenFleischman » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:37 pm

For Wii U owners who get stuck in the convenience store area, you can just spark up and proceed to the lake to trigger what happens next. Also, no one even told me I had Creativitoys laying around! Geez...

rank_250_ftb
BenFleischman
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby tabaer » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:53 am

Thanks fdanielix

rank_100_ftb
tabaer
Disney ID:

Postby DaddyGeek » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:35 am

Well my entry almost went live tonight, but the replayers in my sand castle challenge starting behaving badly. :x Will have to completely redo that entire challenge.

However, all my other challenges are done and the toy box is looking really good. I've decided on skipping the laser tag challenge, as it would need to be built in another toy box and I want everything to be in one box. Besides, as I was building it I thought it would make a great Star Wars entry instead, so I'm saving that for 3.0. :D

Got to watch my girls play through the challenges and they loved the surfing and hang gliding ones. Also got to watch my oldest break my toy box, which is good as now I know what needs to be fixed. I swear that kid would make a great tester. Only sad thing is that since none of them have seen Jaws yet, they didn't get any of the Jaws references.

rank_100_ftb
DaddyGeek
PSN ID:

Postby pjhaan » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:47 am

I finished my sand castle challenge tonight. I just have to move the townspeople once I build out the terrain. I am having a little trouble with my skydiving challenge. I think I just need to switch the connection from game ended to game completed. Right now I have three challenges and a random fireworks display that runs every "night." I need to work on terrain so I can add my next two challenges. My plans may be too ambitious for my time and skill level...

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby goofyspaceranger » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:57 am

@pjhaan - You have time - keep at it, you can do it! 8-)

@fdanielx - Yikes! The Level Starters aren't firing on the imported boxes! So the cannons don't go turbo, the Tron player-character doesn't get auto-equipped with an Identity Disc, and in Nightmare Nod, the player-character doesn't get auto-equipped with the sword! Oddly enough, the Level Starter appears to fire if you switch the character after going through the door (?!!). Since I'd switched to Crystal Jack Sparrow in testing, I hadn't noticed it. <sigh>. Maybe they'll met me remix again with 3.0 - I was really hoping to kickstart the library's design club from a virtual library ;).

Regardless of the contest results, this is why I loved remixing Tron Trace...
My job is rather serious, in the area of Secure Engineering for the IBM mainframe. Tron Trace is a whimsical spin on Cybersecurity. There's something personally satisfying in visualizing a software pirate walking the plank of his own ship, to be blasted through the Back Door of a Firewall in order to infiltrate a distributed system infected by a virus. The opposing software pirates have disabled the frost generators for the water-cooled processors, causing them to run extremely hot. Fix-It Felix needs the binary passcode to get the generators turned back on. In the Java Virtual Machine, garbage collection is critical to returning virtual memory to the system that is no longer referenced so that is doesn't run out. Here, garbage collection has been disabled so that WALL-E is compacting an ever-increasing amount of garbage that he needs help in removing. Advancements in Cybersecurity include detection of unauthorized users after they've infiltrated the system; here, Stitch's Collector Units have been infected by the Blue Team "Sapphire Virus" so that they attack the authorized users - so you can infect your own persona in order to avoid further conflict. With international export, there's a limit to the size of the encryption keys used in your product depending on the country where it's delivered, so in Tron Trace you need to collect 3 encryption keys to gain access to the upper level. Hidden near the bottom of the distributed system box is a multi-layer lava cake with Rex celebrating last year's 50th anniversary of the mainframe. Then on the top of the system box is a huge knight chess piece, the visual construct of the Trojan Horse software used to let Davy Jones & his software pirates in. The pirates have stolen personal data, the precious treasure of IT, and it must be retrieved before it is misused! So the box is full of visual Cybersecurity puns. Had lots of fun making it :D.
Use the Force in Holocron Heuristics to program with more Creativi-Toys!

rank_750
goofyspaceranger
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:59 pm

@goofySpaceRanger - Thank you for your confidence!

I have deleted the Challenge maker (CM) and started from scratch twice already. I checked my connections on the CM this morning and I still think they are correct. I hooked the CM to a timer with a 1 minute count down. I set up trigger area to send a "Game Failed" signal to the CM if the player enters it. The "Game Failed" output from the CM displays a specific line on the text creator. I have the "game completed" message send an output to a logic gate. If the gate is open, it displays Text 1 and "refunds" part of your money. If the gate is closed, it displays text 3 and says good job but we can't give you another refund. The level starter sends an OPEN message to that logic gate. Every time I intentionally fail the challenge, it displays the "closed" text in the "Game Completed" output. So, I don't know why I get the "Closed" message the first time I do the challenge.

I think I will work on other parts and revisit the Skydiving challenge later...

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby fdanielix » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:06 pm

@Goofyspaceranger You can still fix it. Simply put trigger areas where the player spawns, and once the leave it connect to the same things that are connected to the level starter. You can resubmit, and the Infinity Team will update you current version of the toybox.
20 Featured
Toy Boxes:

Caleb Dume: Face The Past
Curse Lift-Off

rank_1500_ftb_10
fdanielix
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby semerien » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:40 pm

@goofyspaceranger - Level Starters will only fire when the main hub is first loaded. They won't fire when you go through doors to other toy boxes.

There are quite a few work arounds for that (including the trigger area already mentioned), but I usually just look at a level starter more as an initial boot trigger. It's the only time it will work.

PS: If you have ALOT of stuff hooked up to the level starter and don't want to redo all those connections, you can hook the trigger area up and connect it TO the level starter. You can force the level starter to fire.

rank_500_ftb_10
semerien
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity toy box creations