Disney Infinity 3.0 at E3 2015: one topic for everything

Re: Disney Infinity 3.0 at E3 2015: one topic for everything

Postby Mistrauss » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:11 am

The Episodes IV-VI playset being released 1 month early exclusively for Playstation owners is not a good move, that sucks for the Wii U and Xbox One owners, having an exclusive figure is fine but they get access to more content from the start. Not surprised Boba got a figure, I hope that means the Twilight play set will get at least one more (maybe Dooku? I like him, he's a fencer like fighter but I seriously hope they add Mace Windu even though he has a power disc, Yondu got in too) They didn't say anything besides the extra playset and figure so maybe the base will be special like last time?
Did you hear about the kid-napping? He got up.

rank_50
Mistrauss
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Romulus77 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:14 am

No base in the breakdown on the Disney site. And the price $114.99 = Starter + Playset + Figure.

After last year, nobody should be surprised by another timed exclusive. Sony has shown great support for DI so they benefit.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby Mason_Ireton » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:22 am

The response of boba appearing is bein praised yet the Star Wars fans are freakin that boba is only gon'na work on play station but one comment made me chuckle

Random fan: Wow way to Disney. I know they own the name now but come on. Could have made the people look more realistic

But yes I had a feeling this boba character would appear in 3.0

rank_500
Mason_Ireton
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby InfinityApprentice » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:46 am

I don't understand the fuss about timed exclusives. In the end, no matter what system you have, EVERYONE will have access to the figure/play set. It's not like black suit Spidey, who was only sold in the PS Vita starter pack. If you wanted black suit Spidery and you had anything but a PSV (which is pretty much everyone), you had to buy the starter pack and attempt to resell the parts you didn't need/want, or pay highway robbery prices on eBay for just the figure. I understand it's a bit disappointing at first, but again, EVERYONE will eventually be able to get Boba Fett. Sometimes I feel like people just want to get upset over something, and really, this is not worth the energy it takes to get upset over. Everybody take a deep breath and just relaaaaaax.... ;)
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice

Postby Cellsai » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:31 am

And yeah, outside of existing DI fans, that reveal did not sell the game at all. Every gaming chatroom I was in during that part of the conference unanimously said, "Wow. Sony are wasting their conference time with Disney Infinity?"

rank_250
Cellsai

Postby Infinityfan » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:12 am

Yay Boba Fetta confirmed! Not so pleased about all the times exclusive stuff again though. I'll probably pick up the CE for PS3 and sell the starter pack. Lol I don't wanna wait til 2016 for Boba!

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby rogpalmeruk » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:36 am

Personally PS4 saga pack is great, i'll get it... can see how it is disappointing for xbox/wii u owners, but the rise playset is just a month away.. Boba will be out later... it does mean i won't have another big collectors piece sat in a box on the wardrobe this year! :-) The thing with the big E3 sony show is that it attracts a lot of hardcore gamers, who wouldn't be as interested in infinity, but JV kept saying its for kids and family, so its a different audience to Battlefront, Last Guardian, Hitman etc.

rank_250_ftb
rogpalmeruk
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Infinityfan » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:40 am

Soooo... Will this be their only announcement this year for E3? Last year there was the Collectors Edition then Spider-Man Playset. I'm guessing more figures maybe Playset tomorrow! :)

Anywhere you can pre order the Collectors Edition in the UK yet?

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby FlameChampion267 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:52 am

I'll admit Boba looks cool. I couldn't afford a collectors edition, and don't play on PS anyways (Sony has hurt me too many times) so the timed exclusive is fine by me. Hoping to hear Alice in the next few days, truly the only expected thing E3 could throw at me, though I have been surprised by some unexpected(s).

rank_100_ftb
FlameChampion267
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity events