Who is a Marvel fan?

Re: Who is a Marvel fan?

Postby Hey37Bulldog » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:17 pm

or you're like me and pick and choose the heroes and stories you like without tying yourself to a single company! so in my mind, kick-ass, hit-girl, spiderman, iron man, batman, and captain America are having one massive collaboration. now that's a movie I would watch!
"After all, I am You Biggest Fan..."

rank_250
Hey37Bulldog
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Skellington0327 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:24 pm

Yeah you should see the look DC fans give me when I say I don't care for DC. DC characters just don't interest me, I love the Batman universe and I love Wonder Woman, but that's it.

I don't mind if someone likes DC more than Marvel, but when they just tear down Marvel and make it seem like I'm not worth their time for liking Marvel, then I have an issue with them. Sadly, I've met more DC fans like that than DC fans who respect our differences.
"The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it." - Rafiki

"You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from, your only limit is your soul." - Gusteau (Ratatouille)

rank_500
Skellington0327
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Hey37Bulldog » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:27 pm

I feel this topic has gone slightly off track with all the DC vs Marvel discussion. Lets get back on track. here's a good discussion, should fox and sony give back the film rights to x-men and spiderman to marvel or are they better as standalones?

rank_250
Hey37Bulldog
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Skellington0327 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:39 pm

I want at least X-Men can go back to Marvel. I'd love to see what kind of movies Disney could come up with. Maybe they could do the Dark Phoenix Saga justice because X-Men: Last Stand was terrible.
"The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it." - Rafiki

"You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from, your only limit is your soul." - Gusteau (Ratatouille)

rank_500
Skellington0327
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby buckmana » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:06 am

I'm pretty negative on the idea of new Marvel movies, no matter who may produce them.

It's been a consistent trend with most of them that the first two are pretty good, but then after that, they lose their ability to tell a proper story.

With Fantastic Four and Iron Man, they messed it up with the first film, the second one just made it worse.

After Iron Man 2 and the Wolverine Origins film, I just gave up on the idea of anyone being able to do proper Marvel movies.

Also, a minor issue I have is that they're all standalone.
From reading the comics, none of them were standalone.
Every superhuman knew every other superhuman and they hung out with each other a lot.

For example, in their time off, Spiderman's best friend was the Human Torch.

And it goes on and on like that, someone from one comic will visit someone else and so on.

So, it wasn't unusual to see the X-Men, the Fantastic Four, both Hulks, Iron Man, Spiderman and an assortment of many other superhumans in the same room.

rank_1000
buckmana
Main Console: PS3

Postby Hey37Bulldog » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:13 am

the problem with comics and films, is that in comics, a character can never age, whither, and die, unless it is written in. unfortunately real life is not so convenient and so actors die or lose interest and reboots occur to reintroduce characters and stories so in a way, comic books and films aren't the best combination

rank_250
Hey37Bulldog
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Skellington0327 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:10 am

Also some may not be able to have heroes visit each other because other studios own the film rights. I'm sure Disney would like to have Wolverine or Spider-Man in an Avengers movie, but they can't until they get the film rights.

rank_500
Skellington0327
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby altiareagle » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:42 pm

^Which also creates funny memes and captions about how spiderman isn't in the avengers. :lol:
It'd be cool though but Sony owns spiderman doesn't it?
Kinda tired.
Chat with me If you're tired too.

rank_1500
altiareagle
Location: Cushing, Texas. Where the coyotes wail and there isn't a steakhouse. Or Steak.

Postby spidermanfan99 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:19 pm

^ sadly yes
"With great power.........comes great responsibility."

rank_250
spidermanfan99

PreviousNext

Return to the Mad Hatter's tea party