Level Starter

reference guides detailing the actions, parameters and properties of Disney Infinity creativi-toys
when posting please show examples of how each is used and how they are linked. more than just a description of the toy is needed. ideally show a video.

Level Starter

Postby semerien » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:36 pm

Level Starter

Description - This creativi-toy is great for making sure certain actions occur in your toy box when it is first loaded.

Properties:
Active (on/off) - Setting this option to off will ensure that the level starter does not fire when you load the toybox.

Inputs:
Start - This will force the level starter to send a signal, mimicing the toy box having just been loaded.

Outputs:
Catalyze - This will send a trigger when the toybox is first loaded, or when a Start input has been received.

Example:

You will need a Level Starter and a Party Cannon.

Level Starter:Catalyze => Party Cannon:Fireworks

Save your toy box and then re-load it. When it has loaded the fireworks should go off automatically.

rank_500_ftb_10
semerien
Main Console: PS4
Disney ID:

Re: Level Starter

Postby semerien » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:37 pm

Just a note, some people have found that their level starter will fire twice when they load a level.

Also a level starter will only work on the first toybox you load up. If there are other toyboxes linked to this toybox, a level starter will not work in these other toyboxes. It also won't fire when you return (through a toybox door) to your first toybox.

rank_500_ftb_10
semerien
Disney ID:

Postby Ryno R80 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:02 am

Has anyone solved the issue of the level starter firing off twice yet?

rank_0
Ryno R80
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby semerien » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:05 am

Well there is a work around. You make a single shot trigger. To do this for a level starter, you will need a level starter and two logic gates.

Level Starter:Catalyze => Logic Gate #1:Input
Logic Gate #1:Output => Logic Gate #2:Input
Logic Gate #2:Output => Logic Gate #1:Close

This ensures that Logic Gate 1 will only fire off once, regardless of how many times the level starter triggers. So instead of starting things from Level Starter:Catalyze, you instead start everything from Logic Gate #1:Output

rank_500_ftb_10
semerien
Disney ID:

Postby Anxjos » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:13 pm

I think found a way to make the level starter "work" with linked toy boxes. You will need a level starter, a trigger area and a logic gate. Place a trigger area where the player begins in the toy box and then make the logic connections:
Trigger Area:Exit:Player:Any=>Logic Gate:Input
Logic Gate:Output=>Level Starter:Start
It's no use! Take this!

rank_0
Anxjos
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby BlackWidow » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:14 pm

The easiest way to get a level starter to activate every level is to use Satellites. It's the most "sure fire" way (no pun intended).

- Have the level starter in the first level (the one that will auto-fire as intended) to turn ON a Satellite node (say, turn on #1).
- In subsequent levels, have a Satellite connected to the level starter when that node is on

Once it's done, it's done, though, you won't be able to unlock the cycle (a good thing, really), those things will happen every single time that box is loaded. To be safe, until I'm really ready to lock down the box, I activate the Satellites manually with a button in the first level, the last thing I do before a final save is delete the button and have the first box level starter take over for it.

I used to do the Toy Box Game Makers the same way, but in 3.0 they keep bugging out - randomly they will flip to banning all character types even if they've never had restrictions. Stops the game dead in it's tracks (all you can do is Reset, which is messy, or quit) since there are no characters it will accept.

rank_100
BlackWidow
Main Console: Wii U

Level Starter

Postby MightyGitis » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:25 pm

@BlackWidow The Game Maker will accept 1.0 when this happens. They know about this issue and are working on it. It happened to my on my Rapunzel box. Third box turned on all the locks. I ended up taking it out before uploading it.

Also so you know level starters fire in linked boxes now that we are in 3.0. You don't need the satellites anymore. :-)

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BlackWidow » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:05 pm

@MightyGitis - Really glad to know it's a known issue, submitted a bug about it but haven't seen anyone talking about it so I was afraid it wasn't "popular" enough of a bug to be on the list. Funny, it's something about the third box - it never happens on the second box for me, always on the 3rd (and 4th, etc.).

I had noticed that level starters didn't need to be activated anymore, but on multi-boxes that I'm working on I still do the Satellite so I can shut them off if I want. Basically, I have a switch in the first box so I can turn on/turn off Level Starters/Game Makers at will depending on if I want to test or edit. Thanks for the tip about using 1.0, though - good to know about that temporary work-around.

Again, though - very glad to know the issue is known, because personally that's my top 3.0 bug. It always worked so well before it was really sad that it was bugging.

That said - I do hope that for 4.0 we just get away from the game maker concept totally - and incorporate "lock down" and restrictions for the entire box into the World Creation toy so no tricks are necessary.

rank_100
BlackWidow
Main Console: Wii U

Return to Disney Infinity Creativi-Toy Guides