iamthasasquatch's case and collection

each forum member is allowed ONE topic to share photographs and information relating to their own Disney Infinity collection and ONE topic in each of the custom and fan art sub-forums

iamthasasquatch's case and collection

Postby iamthasasquatch » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:11 pm

So i got a new display case for my figures slowly moving them around. I have currently 73 figures(not counting doubles they are on the last shelf only sully and cars playset lol).
Here is the gallery

edit: Up to 102 Figures now see post below

rank_0
iamthasasquatch
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Re: iamthasasquatch's case and collection

Postby Elmo STM » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:37 am

Looks very nice

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby iamthasasquatch » Tue May 17, 2016 3:33 am

Up to 102 Figures now. Updated pictures + Light FX

1st shelf

2nd shelf Marvels

3rd shelf Star Wars+ Light Fx

4th shelf Crystals in Box

Video:

rank_0
iamthasasquatch
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby -DC- » Tue May 17, 2016 7:53 am

Nice display and collection! How are you lighting those characters for display? I have one more Light FX character needed to finish those variants here and am still trying to figure out how I'm going to display these.

rank_50
-DC-

Postby iamthasasquatch » Tue May 17, 2016 10:55 am

I only have 5 of the light FX ATM the other 2 haven't arrived yet.

I took 2 skylanders base it doesnt matter which 2. I used a skylanders swap force and the other was a one of the really big ones. I tore them apart(the swap force was easier to take a part than the other). You end up with a little board and a round ring of wire.

then I mounted it inside of these little boxs I had bought at a craft store for $1(you can use 1 big box but they didnt have any I liked so i went with 2 smaller ones. I painted them black since my display is black.
Here is a sample picture when I was testing. You can bend the wire in almost any shape you want to fit more figures(No matter how I bent it I still could only get 3 and a partial 4th on(4th the light was dimmer than the rest). This was when I was theory crafting this is not the box they are inside of in the other pictures. I originally wanted to buy like a star wars ship of some kind and somehow mount it inside of it like the big lego millennial falcon or something and set the figures on top of it, but I did all this in about an hour total I may eventually find something like that but for now I like the overall way it looks

I then bought a cheap USB hub and plugged both the skylanders portals into it(I was told you can negate this part that you can sit the portals next to each other and as long as they were close enough they would power each other I didnt test it so I dont know). Then I tucked all that into the box's I had bought and drilled a hole in the sides and back to run the USB wires so nothing would be visible.
If you have 2 boxs like me you would drill hole in the side for the 1 USB to go to the hub and have the hub in the other box if you manage to work it without the hub or 1 box you just need 1 hole for the USB to come out.
[]-[]-----

Now I had a 10ft USB extender(the cord on the base wasn't long enough to get where I need it). I connected it inside the box and pulled it out the back and ran the cable down the seem of my cabinet.
This picture was before painting I was seeing how it would look. I have since painted them black and tucked the big connector inside the box so its just the tiny usb part that comes out.

I then ran the USB cable out the bottom of my case. Underneath my case is actually hollow so I have a computer NAS sitting there that the usb are plugged into. That makes everything hidden. You do not need a NAS device the USB on my TV will turn them on, the USB on my DVD player(http://www.walmart.com/ip/LG-DP132-DVD-Player/33396346) turns them on i got it on sale long time ago for 9.99 on clerance, my router has a USB slot and it powers them as well. I could hide all this and the NAS was laying in my floor. Basically any device that has a USB connection that has some sort of "computer" built in will turn them on.

rank_0
iamthasasquatch
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby -DC- » Tue May 17, 2016 3:40 pm

Thanks for providing the details and imagery on this. It definitely helps me out. :)

rank_50
-DC-

Postby iamthasasquatch » Sun May 22, 2016 1:29 am

Here is the final picture with the rest of the light fx they finally came in the mail.

rank_0
iamthasasquatch
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Return to Disney Infinity collections, customs and fan art