Disney Infinity Wii version owners discussions

any gameplay related general discussions that are not questions or help go in this forum

Re: Disney Infinity Wii version owners discussions

Postby SwindonTinkerbell » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:05 pm

I got DI on the wii and pretty much conpleted all owned playsets in 2 weeks then bought it on the 360 2nd hand and theres more missions on the 360 than on the wii what im disappointed with would of thought it being the same game but for different consoles they would all be the same still go on the wii but not as much now due to lack of missions

rank_0
SwindonTinkerbell
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby aldrichdesigner » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:15 pm

Well first and foremost, I would like to say how incredibly impressed I am with the game that Disney has created. I originally got for my Daughter on the Wii because she was practically begging for it and I first just viewed it as another Disney cash cow. Well I gotta say I was quite wrong. She is having an absolute blast with the game and really I don't have a problem with the investment required now that I have seen what the game has to offer and frankly the enjoyment level she has gotten out of it since Christmas.

Now that being said, I have found myself getting into the game as much as her which I never thought possible being the more hardcore, traditional gamer. And so the more I play, the more I get frustrated at the differences from the Wii version and pretty much everyone else. It's rather disheartening! I completely understand they did their best given the hardware specs but it's still a tough pill to swallow at the same price point. She is too young to know the there is even a difference and is still having a blast but it finally broke me the other day. I ordered a 360 version the other day from Walmart. I am keeping the Wii version because she will still enjoy it when I'm not in the mood to play infinity :lol:

The hardest thing about it all is there isn't a lot of information on what you can't do on the Wii so I'm going to make a new thread to help others in the same boat as me.

Oh also for anyone wondering, you can still do the level up trick with the fans on the Wii version, if your into that kind of thing.

You just need a vehicle from a power up disc. We got the mickey car in our starter pack so I used that as a test. But I went into the platforming box and put 4 fans in a square formation. Pull up the very edge of the fans without driving over them, then if you jump you will be pulling in the fans and hover in place. Might be able to do it with one fan, but it's probably easier to fall off.

rank_0
aldrichdesigner
XBL ID:

Postby smartel47 » Mon May 05, 2014 11:21 am

Got this game for my daughter and neither of us can figure it out. Seriously, how does it work? What is the point? We can play the adventures, but it seems that those are just diversions from the main game. We can make it through some of the mastery stuff, but the creati-toy (or whatever it's called) portion won't let us past the 1st step (after you pick up the wand and attempt to move the plate).

Any help to get us started is appreciated. We are big Disney fans, so we want this to work, but right now, it's a waste of money. Very disappointed. All we can find online is everyone praising it (other than the Wii version limitations) and we can't even begin to understand what is so great about it.

rank_0
smartel47

Postby Elmo STM » Mon May 05, 2014 12:40 pm

@smartel47 have you played the monsters uni, pirates and incredible worlds yet? To do so you need to put the clear piece on the back of the base and place the character relevant to the world in the first circle part of the base. Then you can select the world and play in it

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby smartel47 » Wed May 07, 2014 12:38 am

Have played some of the Monsters U world and daughter has no interest in the other characters (pirate/incredibles), so we haven't tried them. We purchased Phineas and Perry and are now trying to use them. There doesn't seem to be a world for them, so we've been trying to do the adventures and mastery stuff. It just seems like the point of the game is much more than the worlds, so it seems like we're missing out. If this is all we're getting, it won't last long in our house.

rank_0
smartel47

Postby Elmo STM » Wed May 07, 2014 12:46 am

Building in the toy box is the main part of the game especially with toy box figures like phin and agent p

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby ShakaDaSky » Wed May 07, 2014 11:05 am

one of the greatest let downs of the Wii version is that there is no online connectivity. Part of what makes Disney Infinity so great is that players can share the worlds and adventures they build with each other. The Wii doesn't allow for that. Mainly because Nintendo will no longer have online support for the Wii as of May 20, 2014. Only the Wii-U. will have continued online support.
I sense a disturbance in the Force ... false alarm, just the Big Mac I ate

rank_100
ShakaDaSky
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

Postby digeek1955 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:29 pm

Im pretty sure the stunt buggy thing works. I di it on my wii with mickey. Got to level 13 in like 30 min.
I have a dream. I hope it will come true. -Lava

rank_1250
digeek1955
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity gameplay related general discussions