Is Toy Story playset really going to be Star Command playset

any gameplay related general discussions that are not questions or help go in this forum

Re: Is Toy Story playset really going to be Star Command pla

Postby Sorcerer Abe » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:19 am

^wait...toy story never gives that message. How is toys in space any different from what has been shown in the movies? There has been both western and space type gameplay between the movies.

Toy Story 1 - Andy gets a new space toy and transitions from cow boy to space ranger. so his toy game play starts to evolve from western to space future.

Toy Story 2 - It starts of with a Buzz Lightyear video game played by Rex. Kinda feels like toys in space if you ask me. Then we encounter Zurg later on and Buzz gets a new belt. All futuristic aspects.

Toy Story 3 - the intro is western style but with a twist as Buzz Lightyear saves the train with his jet pack so it shows technological aspects too. lets not forget Ham has a giant spaceship. You also get a taste of all different toys and where they came from at the daycare.

Clearly Toys in Space works just fine. If Andy imagined playing his toys Western Style, I'm sure he could of played with his toys space style as well.
Disney Infinity.....My Anti-Drug!

HAVE FUN X INFINITY

rank_100
Sorcerer Abe
Main Console: PS4

Postby buckmana » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:57 am

The point I was making was that it was a fusion.

Andy's room was part Woody's Roundup, part Star Command.

To make it all Star Command, well, just feels like half the story is missing.

Also, as a personal note, I found Star Command low quality in terms of spinoffs.
So am also concerned about having a playset based solely around that.

rank_1000
buckmana
Main Console: PS3

Postby Hey37Bulldog » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:58 am

the point is, it would be too similar to LR and plus if you want a woody's roundup, why don't you just make one!
"After all, I am You Biggest Fan..."

rank_250
Hey37Bulldog
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Sorcerer Abe » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:29 pm

I'm with the Bulldog on this one. Lone Ranger and Woody's Round Up would be pretty similar. Jesse and Woody wouldn't mind if you made them a playset yourself in Toy Box.

Also, there is no indication that this is based on Star Command, this is everyone playing in space. Star Command was based on Buzz's fictional story. This is is just all the toys playing in a space world with the objective of repopulating this space planet (which are the aliens from pizza port). Its kinda like how Andy would play with all the toys in the wild west, now its like he's playing with them all in space. Woody and Jesse aren't space rangers so theres no way this is Star Command. If it was, they would all be wearing space ranger suits like all the other rangers in Star Command.

HAVE FUN X INFINITY

rank_100
Sorcerer Abe

Postby PixarToonie » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:38 pm

That's right Abe, but I really do hope they don't just concentrate on the main trio, Woody Buzz and Jessie, They should concentrate more on Rex, Slinky, Hamm and Bo Peep, there are so many different characters from Toy Story, and it would be fantastic to see them in a bigger role. Yes if it was Woody's Roundup, it would be just like Lone Ranger and the Toy Story 3 game, but I would love to see a small similarity in the playset somewhere.
Just keep swimming - Dory, Finding Nemo

rank_500
PixarToonie
PSN ID:

Postby Modeltrainman » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:46 pm

And that's where I come in! (maybe) I'm really wanting to recreate WR, so once I get my hands on TS, you better believe I'm doing it! (Also, I seriously want a playable Rex and Hamm, but...)
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Sorcerer Abe » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:06 pm

@Pixartoonie: If anything Ham and Rex and so on will be NPC's giving missions. Kinda like Guido, Fin, Ramon, and Philmore were in the Cars playset. I think the TS Playset video shows this.

@Modeltrainman: I agree with you. i wish we had a rex, ham, and a Mr. potato head playable character too. But like the admin for the Disney Infinity twitter page always says, "there are infinite possibilities!" Maybe in the future???

Both of you touch on something though. Someone on the ps3 thread found that fin mcmissle has a playable mission in toy box when they saw the files on the ps3 disc. Fin was a NPC mission giver in the cars playset. Maybe if this proves to be true and he gets his own playable figure, it could work for rex or ham in the future too? Its possible...

HAVE FUN X INFINITY

rank_100
Sorcerer Abe

Postby Modeltrainman » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:12 pm

Oh, I hope so! Rex is literally everywhere around my room.
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby buckmana » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:31 pm

I can't make a playset for Jessie and Woody.

My collection is all city buildings, castles and Disneyland attractions.

There's nothing in there that can be used to build a wild west themed playset.

rank_1000
buckmana

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity gameplay related general discussions